Thursday, April 7, 2016
Use these book ideas for building, creating, making, and inventing. Try some of these and have a blast!
1. Make rockets! Check out Make Rockets: Down-to-Earth Rocket Science by Mike Westerfield.
2. Make toys! Check out Make Fun: Create Your Own Toys, Games, and Amusements by Bob Knetzger.
3. Make robots! Check out Making Simple Robots: Exploring Cutting-Edge Robotics with Everyday Stuff by Kathy Ceceri.
4. Make machinery! Check out Make Paper Inventions: Machines that Move, Drawings that Light Up, and Wearables and Structures You Can Cut, Fold, and Roll by Kathy Ceceri.
5. Make inventions! Check out Making Makers: Kids, Tools, and the Future of Innovation by AnnMarie Thomas.
6. Make fun projects! Check out The Invent to Learn Guide to Fun by Josh Barker.
7. Make awesome projects! Check out Sylvia’s Super-Awesome Project Book by Sylvia Todd.
8. Make books! Check out Making Books That Fly, Fold, Wrap, Hide, Pop Up, Twist & Turn by Gwen Diehn.
9. Make animated cartoons! Check out Cartoon Animation by Preston Blair.
10. Make movies! Check out How to Make a Movie in 10 Easy Lessons by Robert Blofield.
11. Make video games! Check out Video Game Programming for Kids by Jonathan S. Harbour.
12. Make manga characters! Check out Mastering Manga by Mark Crilley.
13. Make nature scrapbooks! Check out The Nature Explorer’s Scrapbook by Caz Buckingham and Andrea Pinnington.
14. Make crocheted items! Check out Learn to Crochet by Alison McNikol.
15. Make watercolor paintings! Check out Watercolour for the Absolute Beginner by Matthew Palmer.
16. Make LEGO architecture! Check out The LEGO Architect by Tom Alphin.
17. Make a new room! Check out DIY Bedroom Decor: 50 Awesome Ideas for Your Room by Tana Smith.
18. Make science experiments! Check out Dad’s Book of Awesome Science Experiments by Mike Adamick.
19. Make meals! Check out Kid Chef: The Foodie Kids Cookbook by Melina Hammer.
20. Make money! Check out How to Turn $100 into $1,000,000 by James McKenna.
Note: When looking for these books at your library, be sure to peruse other nearby books, too. You never know what wonderful gems you’ll discover in your library during National Library Week or any week of the year!
For Weekly Homeschool Lessons and daily learning fun, see our website at www.EverythingHomeschooling.com.