Sunday, August 28, 2011
Week 1 Lessons & Activities at "Everything Homeschooling"
Here are some of Week One's lessons and topics, as we gently ease into the New Homeschool Year! Enjoy!
Explore, Do, and Learn About:
* Language Arts:
- Writing, thinking, sketching, drawing, and keeping a Writing Journal.
- Reading and discussing a variety of books.
- Reading "Animals of the World" to learn about Geography.
- Reading stories about endangered animals online or from the library.
- Reading Classic Stories online, such as Aesop's Fables, Alice in Wonderland, Jungle Book, Time Machine, O Pioneers!, Great Expectations, and many more!
* Social Studies:
- Learning World Geography by reading about animals of the world.
- Reading and learning about habitats of animals around the world.
- Finding endangered species in your region through the interactive map.
- Visiting virtual zoos in locations around the world.
- Creating and crafting animals, habitats, dioramas, visual displays, and collages.
- Choosing history and social studies worksheets to do, if desired.
- Measuring how high a rocket or kite flies.
- Making a geometric T-shirt with geometric designs.
- Creating animals, and more, with tangrams and your imagination.
- Choosing math worksheets on topics such as basic or advanced math skills, fractions, decimals, percentages, geometry, algebra, graphing, trig, if desired.
- Observing and drawing constellations in your night sky.
- Visiting a planetarium online and viewing constellations.
- Learning 88 constellations to share with family and friends.
- Making a shoebox constellation viewer.
- Playing the Constellation Matching Game.
- Reading books on constellations.
- Building an easy DNA Model.
- Choosing science worksheets to do, if desired.
* Life Skills, Health, & Safety:
- Remembering to take care of ourselves.
- Having a stress-free homeschool year.
- Reading "cooking with kids" cookbooks for healthy meals.
- Trying some healthy recipes online.
* Arts & Music:
- Learning about different styles of art and artists.
- Designing and creating artistic hot air balloons.
- Printing and drawing art pages.
- Being creative with arts and crafts ideas.
- Choosing a new instrument to learn to play.
- Building the DNA Model on the Free Homeschool Activities page.
For 36 Weeks of Weekly Lessons for Grades K through 12, remember to visit our Everything Homeschooling website weekly at www.EverythingHomeschooling.com!